Header Ads

If they don't win it's a shame: Another ho-hum Sox season ahead?

It's rare that I find myself laughing over anything I read in the news lately, but the quote from Red Sox chairman Tom Werner in Peter Abraham's Jan. 20 column did the trick (“Don't expect Red Sox to make major upgrades,” Sports). Said Werner, “We think our record is probably the most important thing, but there are other things that make going to Fenway a special place.” Yes, let's all resolve to walk on the sunny side this season, and keep in mind the immortal words of Jimmy Dugan: “There's no crying in baseball.” As I watch the Red Sox tinker around the edges and not deal with the fundamental issues with their roster, I can only think of The Who and their song “Won't Get Fooled Again”: “Meet the new boss/Same as the old boss.”



from Boston Red Sox News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Videos & Highlights https://ift.tt/OtSrRxc

No comments